POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Quake II : Re: Quake II Server Time
5 Jul 2024 05:07:09 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Quake II
From: Orchid Win7 v1
Date: 21 Jan 2016 05:09:33
Message: <56a0ae5d$1@news.povray.org>
Another thing: I remember it being *hard* to find secrets in Quake II.
But on this playthrough, it seemed really easy. Like, most of them
aren't even all that hidden. A few of them involve pressing a switch
somewhere, and then a door opens on the other side of the map or
something. But most of them, it's just a case of if you look around long
enough, or shoot anything that sparks (or go back and *investigate* that
cupboard the enemies just popped out of), you find a secret. Hell, I
even found a couple of secret *levels*!

I think the only one that's really _hard_ to find is that one where you
have to execute a rocket jump to get here. I'd never have thought of
that on my own, but some magazine pointed it out. And when you get
there, a little message pops up. Instead of "you have found a secret",
it says "you crazy rocket jumpers!"

Of course, the "best" secret is on the final boss map. It *looks like*
you need to escape before the place blows up. But actually, you can hang
around all day if you like. Nothing bad will happen. But in the resupply
area, if you shoot the back wall, a secret tunnel opens up. Walk through
and there's a gallery of all the coders who worked on the game. And at
the very far end... well, you know the rest.