POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : REQUEST: Editor Features (2) : Re: REQUEST: Editor Features (2) Server Time
5 May 2024 22:30:48 EDT (-0400)
  Re: REQUEST: Editor Features (2)
From: Le Forgeron
Date: 30 Dec 2015 02:26:45
Message: <56838735$1@news.povray.org>

Le 30/12/2015 00:14, Sven Littkowski a écrit :
> Hi,
>
> what do you all think about the following new editor feature?
> Feedback welcome.
>
> Declaration Listing
>
> On the side of the editor window, on demand, could be a listing of
> all declared items inside that opened scene file, and in the order
> of their position inside the text file.

> A click on any of the listed names lets you jump towards that
> declaration inside the scene text file.
>
> Such a feature, in my believe, lets you find faster what you're
> looking for, and also lets you navigate faster. If you don't need
> that list, you minimize it towards the left edge.

Remind me of povclipse (pov-ray editor in eclipse, for 3.6).

Talking about editor, are you sure it is to be in beta-test, and not
in windows or general ?

povclipse was in sourceforge, but the
http://povclipse.sourceforge.net/ does not respond anymore.

As of 2015-12-30:

The sourceforge.net website is temporarily in static offline mode.
Only a very limited set of project pages are available until the main
website returns to service.

(they posted a twit about being back online on 2015-12-29 21:09
(assuming France timezone), yet the replies from 10h to 11 minutes are
still : not working... still down)

Latest version in archive.org is from 2011

https://web.archive.org/web/20111015185512/http://povclipse.sourceforge.net/

> https://web.archive.org/web/20111015185512/http://povclipse.sourceforge.net/

Have

a look at description, for a list of feature.