POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.bugreports : Blobs: Error 1: Negative Values: Holes! / Error 2: Alpha Value Overwriting? : Re: Blobs: Error1:NegativeValues:Holes!/Error2:AlphaValueOverwriting? Server Time
2 May 2024 05:15:04 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Blobs: Error1:NegativeValues:Holes!/Error2:AlphaValueOverwriting?
From: clipka
Date: 27 Dec 2015 10:21:43
Message: <56800207@news.povray.org>
Am 27.12.2015 um 15:42 schrieb Cousin Ricky:
> Sven Littkowski <jam### [at] yahoocom> wrote:
>>  Also, my free hard drive
>> space shrinks down each time.
>
> Micro$haft appears to assume that we all have unlimited storage.

We're talking about software intended for developers there, not for "us
all".

A feature-rich development environment, free to use for non-profit
purposes (and even free to use for small commercial enterprises, as far
as I understand) is really far from being a bad thing.

And there is no way (well, no /sane/ way, at any rate) to create a
feature-rich development environment that is both stable, performant
/and/ compact all at the same time. With this type of project, you
/have/ to optimize for maintainability in general, and speed in certain
essential sections. Hard disk space consumption /must/ inevitably have
the lowest priority of all your optimization efforts.

Also, nobody says you have to install /all/ the stuff the setup offers you.

@Sven:

You might want to check out one of these links:

https://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=615448&clcid=0x407
https://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=615448&clcid=0x409

These will take you directly to the download of an ISO image of the
Visual Studio 2015 Community edition, the first link being the German
variant and the second being the English one.

You'll most probably have to download a lot more, and you'll need to
either burn it to a DVD afterwards or use a tool that can make ISO
images available as virtual DVD drives, but at least you'll be able to
use a download manager and thereby deal with connection aborts.