POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : NEW FEATURE: Suggesting "aka" (Textures) : Re: NEW FEATURE: Suggesting "aka" (Textures) Server Time
28 Apr 2024 17:11:05 EDT (-0400)
  Re: NEW FEATURE: Suggesting "aka" (Textures)
From: Alain
Date: 20 Dec 2015 14:24:18
Message: <56770062$1@news.povray.org>
I forgot to mention that this can also be used to substitute some place
holders for some complex object, or not parcing and render whole objects.
Say, you are working on the hull, you don't need to have the wormhole
generator showing. So, a controll variable can switch it off or replace
it by a much simplified version, like a simple box or cylinder using a
plain pigment.