POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : I am not Steeleye Span : Re: I am not Steeleye Span Server Time
8 Jul 2024 06:26:32 EDT (-0400)
  Re: I am not Steeleye Span
From: clipka
Date: 16 Dec 2015 12:37:10
Message: <5671a146$1@news.povray.org>
Am 16.12.2015 um 10:33 schrieb Stephen:
> On 12/16/2015 12:53 AM, clipka wrote:
>> Am 15.12.2015 um 21:09 schrieb Stephen:
>

>>> Sorry but after listening to that and about 20 minuets of you tube.
>>> Colour me hard to please. I would rather listen to mouth music or the
>>> Irish lilting, even.
>>
>> You just don't know good sound when you hear it.
>
> True with only one or two notable exceptions. Music became either
> trivial or disharmonic after the romantic period.

I strongly disagree; there's plenty contemporary (read: 20th century and
later) non-trivial harmonic music to find. As for the trivial or
disharmonic, I guess it has always existed; it's just that it is long
forgotten as far as romantic and pre-romantic times are concerned.

>> Not that I'd have
>> expected anything else -- after all, your people's idea of music is to
>> stick wooden tubes into goatskin bags and puff them up until they whine
>> and wail :-P
>>

> In response (if I were to sink so low) all I can say is  Volkstümliche
> Musik.

That's Bavarian, not German :-P
Besides, at least they use equipment that /could/ be employed to produce
sound remotely worthy of being called music.

(I'm glad you didn't mention Karlheinz Stockhausen though. /That/ was
true German crime against music, against which even your pipes pale in
comparison.)