POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : I am not Steeleye Span : Re: I am not Steeleye Span Server Time
8 Jul 2024 06:22:56 EDT (-0400)
  Re: I am not Steeleye Span
From: Stephen
Date: 16 Dec 2015 04:33:31
Message: <56712feb$1@news.povray.org>
On 12/16/2015 12:53 AM, clipka wrote:
> Am 15.12.2015 um 21:09 schrieb Stephen:

>> Sorry but after listening to that and about 20 minuets of you tube.
>> Colour me hard to please. I would rather listen to mouth music or the
>> Irish lilting, even.
>
> You just don't know good sound when you hear it.

True with only one or two notable exceptions. Music became either
trivial or disharmonic after the romantic period.

> Not that I'd have
> expected anything else -- after all, your people's idea of music is to
> stick wooden tubes into goatskin bags and puff them up until they whine
> and wail :-P

In response (if I were to sink so low) all I can say is  Volkstümliche
Musik.

> ..
> ..
> ..
> J/K -- I think the gaelic musical tradition is among the most
> fascinating in all of Europe... if they only ditched the pipes, that is ;)

But the pipes were designed for peoples like you. To let you know that
we were coming and to give you time to hide. :-P

--

Regards
     Stephen