POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : I am not Steeleye Span : Re: I am not Steeleye Span Server Time
8 Jul 2024 07:00:31 EDT (-0400)
  Re: I am not Steeleye Span
From: clipka
Date: 15 Dec 2015 19:53:47
Message: <5670b61b@news.povray.org>
Am 15.12.2015 um 21:09 schrieb Stephen:
> On 12/15/2015 6:32 PM, clipka wrote:
>> Am 15.12.2015 um 10:10 schrieb Stephen:
>>
>>> I don't know if I should thank you. I had the Flying Pickets going
>>> through my head for hours. ;-)
>>
>> There are worse fates in life ;)
>>
>> Presuming, of course, that your head provided more space for them than
>> just their 1983 hit.
>>
>> This one, for instance, smells like fun:
>> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YK7-YTRuFgk
>>

> Sorry but after listening to that and about 20 minuets of you tube.
> Colour me hard to please. I would rather listen to mouth music or the
> Irish lilting, even.

You just don't know good sound when you hear it. Not that I'd have
expected anything else -- after all, your people's idea of music is to
stick wooden tubes into goatskin bags and puff them up until they whine
and wail :-P

.
.
.
J/K -- I think the gaelic musical tradition is among the most
fascinating in all of Europe... if they only ditched the pipes, that is ;)