POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Zazzle print : Re: Zazzle print Server Time
8 Jul 2024 09:53:50 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Zazzle print
From: Jim Henderson
Date: 8 Dec 2015 11:58:54
Message: <56670c4e$1@news.povray.org>
On Mon, 07 Dec 2015 22:10:51 +0000, Orchid Win7 v1 wrote:

> On 07/12/2015 07:15 PM, Jim Henderson wrote:
>> Years ago, I worked for a company where the CFO got his tie caught in a
>> paper shredder - before paper shredders had an auto-shutoff mechanism.
>
> Pfft. My dad tells a tale of one of his school buddies getting his tie
> caught in a 4-tonne lathe...

Ouch.  That would suck.

> Those things have an emergency stop button for a reason. Fat lot of good
> it does if nobody within reach of the button notices the problem.
> Fortunately for this guy, somebody pushed the button. Then they just had
> to find something to cut the tie with...

Heh, yeah, that was the problem that CFO had as well - he ended up in a
position where he couldn't reach anything that could shut it off until
after 2/3 of the tie was chewed up.  This was an industrial shredder, not
the kind of thing like I have in the corner of my home office. :)

Jim