POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Zazzle print : Re: Zazzle print Server Time
8 Jul 2024 09:26:34 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Zazzle print
From: Orchid Win7 v1
Date: 7 Dec 2015 17:10:48
Message: <566603e8$1@news.povray.org>
On 07/12/2015 07:15 PM, Jim Henderson wrote:
> Years ago, I worked for a company where the CFO got his tie caught in a
> paper shredder - before paper shredders had an auto-shutoff mechanism.

Pfft. My dad tells a tale of one of his school buddies getting his tie
caught in a 4-tonne lathe...

Those things have an emergency stop button for a reason. Fat lot of good
it does if nobody within reach of the button notices the problem.
Fortunately for this guy, somebody pushed the button. Then they just had
to find something to cut the tie with...