POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Zazzle print : Re: Zazzle print Server Time
5 Jul 2024 08:07:09 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Zazzle print
From: Jim Henderson
Date: 6 Dec 2015 17:32:51
Message: <5664b793$1@news.povray.org>
As George Carlin once said, if you make a thing, some schmuck will buy
it.  Even a left nostril inhaler monogrammed with the state logo on it.

But from a retail point, a sale is a sale, regardless of what people
bought it for. :)

Some people juggle geese, after all.

As for talbe number signs and so on - weddings are a thing, and some
people have huge ones.  Most people also don't know that most restaurant
supply stores will sell to the general public.  But if you want something
customized, they're usually not set up for that sort of thing.

Another thing that people buy stuff like this for is marketing - for
example, when I was teaching classes, we'd always have some giveaway for
the students, and it always had the company name/logo on it.  So things
like wine stoppers and other things that seem silly have their place in
that market.

Jim