POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : declaring a new texture with a macro : Re: declaring a new texture with a macro Server Time
4 May 2024 05:34:17 EDT (-0400)
  Re: declaring a new texture with a macro
From: clipka
Date: 1 Dec 2015 13:16:07
Message: <565de3e7$1@news.povray.org>
Am 01.12.2015 um 17:57 schrieb Warren:
> scott <sco### [at] scottcom> wrote:
>>> I've modified my project files to keep the essential and it still doesn't work.
>>
>> Seems to work here - I get a pink coloured background with a beige wave
>> going across this middle. Is this what you expected?
>
> I got what I expected in windows 10 with the files mentioned above and the
> images you told about but once in Linux Ubuntu (with my laptop, with the desktop
> pc I get the expected pictures )I get a pack of 16 totally black pictures.
> Lately I tried to tweak the admin rights in folders, removing non ASCII
> characters, but it still doesn't work.
>
> I will copy the file of Ubuntu desktop to the Ubuntu laptop. But don't worry
> about that , it works on my desktop computer, it's just that I' d like to solve
> the problem :(.

It's quite apparent to me at this point that /something/ is fishy about
the POV-Ray binary you're using on your laptop.

This immediately raises the following questions:

- Do any of the sample scenes render properly on your laptop?

- What does "povray --version" output on the two Ubuntu computers?

- What versions of Ubuntu are you using on the two machines?

My current best bet is that you're using a different version of POV-Ray
on the laptop machine, and that there's some bug in that version. If
that is the case, I'd really like to get down to the bottom of it.