POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.animations : What developers for animation of the using bone do? : Re: What developers for animation of the using bone do? Server Time
27 Apr 2024 01:25:41 EDT (-0400)
  Re: What developers for animation of the using bone do?
From: Stephen
Date: 22 Nov 2015 01:40:06
Message: <56516346@news.povray.org>
On 11/22/2015 4:39 AM, LanuHum wrote:
> Stephen <mca### [at] aolcom> wrote:
>> On 11/21/2015 2:49 PM, LanuHum wrote:
>>> http://www.f-lohmueller.de/pov_tut/animate/pov_anie.htm
>>> It everything, what Povray can?
>>> How to animate the character?
>>>

>> I am not sure what you are saying. :-(
>> When you say "Bone" in the subject, do you mean something that uses
>> inverse kinematics, to create to determine the joint parameters of an
>> object? PovRay does not support this, itself.
>>
>>   > http://www.f-lohmueller.de/pov_tut/animate/pov_anie.htm
>>
>> That is a very good site with some solutions and code for some common
>> (and not so common) animation situations.
>> Remember PovRay only "renders" with some SDL code to control it.
>>

>> --
>>
>> Regards
>>       Stephen
>
> You correctly understood me. But, I want to learn: when performing a script of
> SDL creating animation of Povray each frame starts considering from scratch,
> releasing memory? Or it leaves data which don't change in time in memory?
> I thought that Povray doesn't unload geometry from memory every time, step by
> step (a shot off-screen, frame by frame)

As far as I understand, that is correct. But I do not know what PovRay
does in an animation when it reads a data file each frame.

Which makes me wonder what PovRay does in an animation that consists of
a .pov file which includes a different file to be rendered each frame.

For instance Bishop3d handles animations by exporting a distinct file
for each frame. It does not make full use of the clock variable.

Ini file:

Input_File_Name = T02f4_Newdf3_03b_.pov
Output_File_Name = T02f4_Newdf3_03b_
Initial_Frame = 0
Final_Frame = 9999
Subset_Start_Frame = 0
Subset_End_Frame = 359

T02f4_Newdf3_03b_.pov file:

#include concat( "T02f4_Newdf3_03b_", str( frame_number, -4, 0 ) ".pov" )

--

Regards
     Stephen