POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Hacknet : Re: Hacknet Server Time
8 Jul 2024 05:45:01 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Hacknet
From: Jim Henderson
Date: 7 Nov 2015 18:31:08
Message: <563e89bc$1@news.povray.org>
On Sat, 07 Nov 2015 16:37:35 +0000, Stephen wrote:

>>> I should hope so. Was it military training? I've worked with a couple
>>> of exRN "Sparkers" and "bunting tossers". There would be a lot of
>>> drink involved, I would guess.
>>
> Forgotten Smiley --- :-) ^

Took it as implied. ;)

>> He has some military training, yeah - navy, IIRC.  But also had been
>> involved in other commercial radio ventures as well over the years.
>>

> He would know then. :-)
>
> I didn't actually mean to ask about his drinking habits. :-(
> It was one of those social things.

Oh, no, I understand. :)  I had never really even thought about it with
him - IIRC, he's probably pushing 90 now - when I met him he had already
"retired" (though continued to be extremely active in a lot of things).

>>> Obviously I'm not up to date. I imagine "Attics, cardigans and a tuned
>>> loop antenna".
>>
>> Hehehehe, yeah, I didn't even realise that I'd been promoted to "full
>> technician" in 2007.  Only found out a couple years ago when I was
>> looking at updating my address for my license.  Which reminds me, I
>> need to update my address (I haven't been active in a few years).
>>

> Good luck. Tony Handcock put me off bring a Radio Ham. ;-)

We're looking at moving again soon (not far, though), and my radio
knowledge will probably become important again.  Good thing I kept the
gear and the antenna. :)

Jim