POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Here be dragons! : Re: Here be dragons! Server Time
8 Jul 2024 08:15:05 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Here be dragons!
From: Stephen
Date: 3 Nov 2015 02:52:08
Message: <563867a8$1@news.povray.org>
On 11/3/2015 5:46 AM, clipka wrote:
> Am 02.11.2015 um 10:51 schrieb Stephen:
>
>>> (Did you know that dry firing is bad for any gun? It can cause the
>>> firing pin to become brittle and possibly fracture. Never, ever, dry
>>> fire anyone else's gun without first asking their permission.
>>
>> No I did not know that. But then I know very little about guns except
>> that they don't kill people. Or so I am told.
>
> One of the random facts I just happened to pick up the other day. Never
> held any weapon myself, except for an air rifle once.

I've used a .22 rifle. Would you believe that they used to have them at
fun fairs, with the public walking around? They also let children (me)
fire them. I assume that the bullets were under charged.
I'm not a good shot. (Right handed with left eye dominant.) I need
gimbaled weapons. ;-)

>>> And never,
>>> ever, dry fire an Englishman. First make him drink a pint or two,_then_
>>> give him the sack.)
>>
>> That would be a pint or two of sack before giving him the order of the
>> boot. ;-)
>
> Is that somehow related to the order of the garter?

LOL
No it is the same as getting your jotters, your marching orders, your
cards etc.

http://dictionary.reverso.net/english-synonyms/to%20get%20the%20sack

--

Regards