POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Here be dragons! : Re: Here be dragons! Server Time
5 Jul 2024 09:25:40 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Here be dragons!
From: Thomas de Groot
Date: 1 Nov 2015 07:32:53
Message: <56360675@news.povray.org>
On 1-11-2015 10:36, Stephen wrote:
> Interesting, do you have a link?
> I have an original Old English grammar book from the 18th (?) Century. I
> don't have it to hand but the font is one of those that has the letter
> "s" looks like a "f" when it is inside the word. It also said that there
> were only two tenses, present and past. IIRC

https://web.archive.org/web/20150907011523/https://wmich.edu/medieval/resources/IOE/index.html

Not a pdf I am afraid but well usable. I found it recently when I got
interested in Old English after reading the Beowulf translation by
J.R.R. Tolkien. Interestingly, I found that there are a lot of O.E.
words and sentence constructions that are similar to Dutch or Frisian
(and German no doubt). Not so surprising as the language was spoken on
both sides of the North Sea.

--
Thomas