POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Today's WTF : Re: Today's WTF Server Time
6 Oct 2024 06:14:59 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Today's WTF
From: Orchid Win7 v1
Date: 29 Oct 2015 15:03:12
Message: <56326d70$1@news.povray.org>
On 29/10/2015 11:37 AM, scott wrote:
> The benefit of the pi over IBM-compatible is that (IMHO) the assembler
> is much easier to learn and use.

Yeah, I haven't done a lot with x86 assembly, but with 40 years of
backwards-compatibility, it's pretty complicated. And ugly to start
with, it seems! (Well, it was originally designed for low-cost pocket
calculators, not supercomputers!)

I often wished more stuff could be like the Motorola 68000. That seemed
like a really nice architecture to work with.

> I think if children could see their simple first creations running on
> their smartphone or tablet that would encourage them a lot.

Agree.

> However you
> need a massive chunk of experience and knowledge to even *install* the
> Android SDK, let alone start writing a new app.

Also agree!