POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Today's WTF : Re: Today's WTF Server Time
6 Oct 2024 06:50:02 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Today's WTF
From: Orchid Win7 v1
Date: 29 Oct 2015 04:27:52
Message: <5631d888$1@news.povray.org>
On 26/10/2015 07:01 PM, Orchid Win7 v1 wrote:
> Don't get me wrong, I think it's *way* easier to learn system-level
> programming on obsolete hardware. (It's how *I* did it!) But I doubt
> many kids these days would get out of bed to see some blocky 8-bit
> graphics.

https://hackaday.com/2015/10/19/diy-computer-1968-style/

"You can argue that times change and that the paperclip computer is a
relic. Maybe. But I can’t help think if you built one of
these–especially as a kid–you’d get a lot more insight into how a
computer actually works than by only slinging some Javascript, or
setting up a Web server on a Raspberry Pi."