POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Today's WTF : Re: Today's WTF Server Time
6 Oct 2024 08:27:04 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Today's WTF
From: Jim Henderson
Date: 28 Oct 2015 15:06:03
Message: <56311c9b$1@news.povray.org>
On Wed, 28 Oct 2015 18:40:04 +0000, Stephen wrote:

> On 10/28/2015 6:06 PM, Jim Henderson wrote:
>>> Just you wait. It comes to us all.:-P

>> Waiting.;)
>>

> Your custom is important to us.
> Please listen to this elevator musak...

Only if it's good.  Then again, you said "musak", so it probably isn't. :P

>> The idea of on-demand programming was something I was first introduced
>> to by someone who worked at NBC back in the mid 90's as well.  He
>> described pretty much what we see now with Netflix and other
>> streaming/on-demand video services.
>>
> If you read any amount of SF the infinite monkeys got there first.
> Mobile (cell) phones excepted.

Star Trek communicators.  The design of the Motorola Flip phone allegedly
was taken from Star Trek.

> Strange how that got missed by everyone except Dick Tracy.

More the Apple Watch, but yeah.

>> I think we all reach that point eventually.
>>

> So it seems. Just glad I'm normal in one aspect. ;-)

LOL

>> I wouldn't have guessed that.  Or maybe I would have.;)
>
> You have a head start. :-)
>
> I was talking about Edinburgh Rock. The best thing to come out of
> Edinburgh, the road to Glasgow, excluded. ;-)

I'll have to remember that one the next time I'm talking with friends who
live in Scotland.  Especially the ones who live in Edinburgh. ;)

Jim