POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Today's WTF : Re: Today's WTF Server Time
6 Oct 2024 13:15:28 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Today's WTF
From: Stephen
Date: 28 Oct 2015 14:40:07
Message: <56311687$1@news.povray.org>
On 10/28/2015 6:06 PM, Jim Henderson wrote:
>> Just you wait. It comes to us all.:-P
>> >
>> >Wait one.
> Waiting.;)

Your custom is important to us.
Please listen to this elevator musak...

> But in technology, I see this all the time - IoT isn't a new thing,
> really - I remember seeing networked coffee makers, VCRs, and microwave
> ovens back in the 90's.  It didn't catch on then, but the demo was pretty
> cool.
>
> The idea of on-demand programming was something I was first introduced to
> by someone who worked at NBC back in the mid 90's as well.  He described
> pretty much what we see now with Netflix and other streaming/on-demand
> video services.

If you read any amount of SF the infinite monkeys got there first.
Mobile (cell) phones excepted.

Strange how that got missed by everyone except Dick Tracy.

>> >Thinking about it. I'm glad that my time is when it is. I despair when I
>> >see the way the world is going.
> I think we all reach that point eventually.

So it seems. Just glad I'm normal in one aspect. ;-)

>> >If I am asked what I want to be on the next turn of the wheel. I will
>> >say. "A rock." And I don't mean St. Peter.
> I wouldn't have guessed that.  Or maybe I would have.;)

You have a head start. :-)

I was talking about Edinburgh Rock. The best thing to come out of
Edinburgh, the road to Glasgow, excluded. ;-)

--

Regards
     Stephen