POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Today's WTF : Re: Today's WTF Server Time
6 Oct 2024 13:21:37 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Today's WTF
From: Orchid Win7 v1
Date: 28 Oct 2015 14:17:33
Message: <5631113d$1@news.povray.org>
On 28/10/2015 06:06 PM, Jim Henderson wrote:
> But in technology, I see this all the time - IoT isn't a new thing,
> really - I remember seeing networked coffee makers, VCRs, and microwave
> ovens back in the 90's.  It didn't catch on then, but the demo was pretty
> cool.

HTTP 418: I'm a teapot.

https://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc2324

Seriously. There is a defined HTTP status code for interacting with an
IoT teapot.

> The idea of on-demand programming was something I was first introduced to
> by someone who worked at NBC back in the mid 90's as well.  He described
> pretty much what we see now with Netflix and other streaming/on-demand
> video services.

Some day, maybe I'll try that.

Ah, who am I kidding? I'll just sit here surfing YouTube...

(I'm still puzzled as to why YouTube can actually exist. But that's
another story.)