POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Today's WTF : Re: Today's WTF Server Time
6 Oct 2024 10:19:06 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Today's WTF
From: Jim Henderson
Date: 28 Oct 2015 14:06:08
Message: <56310e90$1@news.povray.org>
On Wed, 28 Oct 2015 16:36:08 +0000, Stephen wrote:

> On 10/28/2015 4:09 PM, Jim Henderson wrote:

>>> Disturbing. You are looking to the future and I looked to the past.
>>> I must watch out for that.
>>
>> Hehehehehe.
>>

> Just you wait. It comes to us all. :-P
>
> Wait one.

Waiting. ;)

But in technology, I see this all the time - IoT isn't a new thing,
really - I remember seeing networked coffee makers, VCRs, and microwave
ovens back in the 90's.  It didn't catch on then, but the demo was pretty
cool.

The idea of on-demand programming was something I was first introduced to
by someone who worked at NBC back in the mid 90's as well.  He described
pretty much what we see now with Netflix and other streaming/on-demand
video services.

> Thinking about it. I'm glad that my time is when it is. I despair when I
> see the way the world is going.

I think we all reach that point eventually.

> If I am asked what I want to be on the next turn of the wheel. I will
> say. "A rock." And I don't mean St. Peter.

I wouldn't have guessed that.  Or maybe I would have. ;)

Jim