POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Today's WTF : Re: Today's WTF Server Time
6 Oct 2024 07:50:31 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Today's WTF
From: Orchid Win7 v1
Date: 27 Oct 2015 16:31:44
Message: <562fdf30$1@news.povray.org>
On 27/10/2015 07:53 PM, Stephen wrote:
> http://www.righto.com/2015/03/12-minute-mandelbrot-fractals-on-50.html

Qui-binary...?

My mind is blown.

As an aside, Hackaday.io seems to be full of people building computers
"from scratch", using only individual logic gates. One guy claimed to be
building a computer from nothing but 7400s...

...until you realise that he means the members of the 7400 family that
implement entire counters, encoders, decoders, latches, etc.

Another guy claimed to by building a computer from discrete
transistors... until you realise that he's using an Arduino to control
it. Wuh??

It's interesting to me that the IBM 1401 appears to be a *real* computer
made only from discrete transistors. I'd always assumed that such a
thing would fill an entire warehouse. But it doesn't actually look all
that big...