POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Today's WTF : Re: Today's WTF Server Time
8 Jul 2024 10:18:39 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Today's WTF
From: Orchid Win7 v1
Date: 26 Oct 2015 18:43:56
Message: <562eacac$1@news.povray.org>
On 26/10/2015 09:06 PM, Le_Forgeron wrote:
> Only 2 colours per 8x8 pixels was the main drawback of the display.

Oh yeah... I forgot about that! One time I wrote a program to draw
randomly positioned circles in random colours. After a few minutes of
drawing, most of the pixels were in the "on" state, but there were weird
squares of colour that changed every time a new circle was started.

I also remember saving several test patterns to tape, and eventually
discovering which colour provoked which tone from the speaker... Jesus,
I was bored as a child!

I've always wanted to know... why is the framebuffer arranged so
weirdly? Like, as you load a picture file, rather than filling from top
to bottom, it seems to fill every Nth line...