POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Tablet technology : Re: Tablet technology Server Time
8 Jul 2024 08:12:20 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Tablet technology
From: scott
Date: 19 Oct 2015 03:31:08
Message: <56249c3c@news.povray.org>
> I have a couple of ideas for projects where a hand-sized computer would
> be really useful, but I don't know if a tablet will actually do what I
> want. Maybe it would be simpler to buy a Raspbery Pi and a touch-screen
> hat. (OTOH, you can't really put that in your pocket, so...)

The best (IMO) would be to buy a cheap smartphone (or tablet) running
Android. You can then download the free developer tools for your PC
(google "Android SDK") and so long as you can code in Java you'll be
away. If you have the phone/tablet connected to your PC (via USB cable)
in the developer tools you can just click "Run on device" and it will
compile, send to the device, and start it running on the device immediately.

What exactly is it you want to do? Smartphones/tablets are not good if
you want the user to enter a lot of text, if you can somehow change the
inputs to something more suited to a fat thumb on a small touchscreen
then it will work better.