POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Tablet technology : Re: Tablet technology Server Time
5 Jul 2024 09:02:55 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Tablet technology
From: Stephen
Date: 18 Oct 2015 14:54:46
Message: <5623eaf6$1@news.povray.org>
On 10/18/2015 7:13 PM, Orchid Win7 v1 wrote:
> On 18/10/2015 04:54 PM, nemesis wrote:
>> coding on touchscreen is no fun.  Then again, neither is writing and
>> yet, here I
>> am.
>
> Does it vary depending on the size of the screen? I guess either way
> there's no tactile feedback. Ooo, does it have that gizmo that weights
> the next letter by probability according to what you already typed?

You can switch that function off if you want. Also there is a function
that you can "type" by sliding your finger over the keyboard and pausing
for a fraction on the letter you want to select.

> Yeah, the *other* possibility is to just buy a smartphone. But then, the
> idea of accessing the Internet with a PAYG account sounds... expensive.

I turn that function off so I only connect to t'internet (Yorkshire web)
by Wifi. Home or work. So it is free-ish :-)

--

Regards
     Stephen