POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Tablet technology : Re: Tablet technology Server Time
5 Jul 2024 08:35:41 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Tablet technology
From: Orchid Win7 v1
Date: 18 Oct 2015 14:13:43
Message: <5623e157@news.povray.org>
On 18/10/2015 04:54 PM, nemesis wrote:
> coding on touchscreen is no fun.  Then again, neither is writing and yet, here I
> am.

Does it vary depending on the size of the screen? I guess either way
there's no tactile feedback. Ooo, does it have that gizmo that weights
the next letter by probability according to what you already typed?

> I have a scheme interpreter and, just out of curiosity, PARI/Droid.  Sometimes I
> use them to test out algorithms for project euler while on the bus.  As any
> handy calculator.
>
> I have a tablet, I use it mostly just to read sheetmusic.  My phone however, I
> use for pretty much everything a pocket pc should prove useful, including
> communications, media playing, web browsing, photographing and gaming...

Yeah, the *other* possibility is to just buy a smartphone. But then, the
idea of accessing the Internet with a PAYG account sounds... expensive.