POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : 80 / 20 rule : Re: 80 / 20 rule Server Time
5 Jul 2024 09:20:19 EDT (-0400)
  Re: 80 / 20 rule
From: clipka
Date: 18 Oct 2015 06:00:29
Message: <56236dbd$1@news.povray.org>
Am 18.10.2015 um 11:33 schrieb Orchid Win7 v1:

> Having just said all that, I recall submitting a small Tcl program to
> this very newsgroup about 10 years ago which implements a small subset
> of Haskell. Implementing Haskell isn't hard; implementing *all* of
> Haskell in a standards-compliant way is hard! I suspect the same goes
> for many other languages... (E.g., it doesn't sound too hard to
> implement the common parts of C. But implementing the entire thing,
> "correctly"? That's way harder than most people think!)

I would suspect that a fully /ANSI-compliant/ C compiler isn't really
that big of a deal to implement, given how much stuff in the standard is
explicitly "implementation specific" or "undefined".

Writing a C compiler that meets common /expectations/ about the C
language, now that would be an entirely different thing.