POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : (scaline) 3D graphics for everyone : Re: (scaline) 3D graphics for everyone Server Time
5 Jul 2024 07:21:51 EDT (-0400)
  Re: (scaline) 3D graphics for everyone
From: Orchid Win7 v1
Date: 18 Oct 2015 05:25:09
Message: <56236575$1@news.povray.org>
On 18/10/2015 12:08 AM, nemesis wrote:
> this used to be called VRML

Ah, VRML. I remember reading about that at university. It sounded really
interesting, but nothing implements it. (I.e., there were no working
browser plugings, and no sites using it.) Probably a case of a
technology too early for its time.

Look at video phones. They existed for decades, but were laughable
expensive. But now *everybody* is using Skype for video chat...