POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Display technology : Re: Display technology Server Time
6 Oct 2024 04:05:54 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Display technology
From: Orchid Win7 v1
Date: 14 Oct 2015 13:06:25
Message: <561e8b91$1@news.povray.org>
On 14/10/2015 11:26 AM, clipka wrote:
> Am 13.10.2015 um 21:17 schrieb Orchid Win7 v1:
>
>> OK. So what's the difference between the silver ones and the purple ones?
>
> The colour ;)

Oh good. :-}

> The whole idea of trade secrets is that you keep them secret /because/
> you can't sue anyone if the information gets out into the wild.
>
> Also, there is no way you can prohibit anyone from reverse-engineering
> your inventions unless you make them sign a non-disclosure agreement.

Really? So the DMCA doesn't apply? Seriously, I thought that *all*
reverse engineering is 100% illegal. (Unless you can prove that you're
doing it for anticompetitive purposes, which is impossible.)

> What you often /can/ prohibit is the /use/ of the intellectual property
> someone has reverse-engineered from your product.

Well, I guess that makes sense.

>> 8. Qualcomm manufactured my lawn mower. They make silicon too? WTF?
>
> I didn't know they made lawn mowers.

I didn't know they made anything else. As in, I'd never heard of them
before I saw this lawnmower. And it was the cheapest, lowest quality one
in the shop.