POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : I got a story! : Re: I got a story! Server Time
5 Jul 2024 08:42:56 EDT (-0400)
  Re: I got a story!
From: clipka
Date: 2 Oct 2015 17:00:40
Message: <560ef078$1@news.povray.org>
Reminds me of an acquaintance who for some time worked for a company
that did furniture and stuff for banks.

One winter day he and a colleague of his were working at a bank after
closing time, in order not to disrupt daily business. The work did
involve some welding in the vault.

The police had been well informed in advance at the local level.

Not so at the state level. Well, at least not until some neighbor
noticed the strange nighly activity, and for some reason decided to call
/them/ rather than the local cops.

Need I say what came next?

They didn't knock though - at some point my acquaintance just went out
to fetch some tools. And his colleague followed some minutes later,
wondering what took him so long out there.

Also needless to say, the two later decided that getting hold of some
booze had a slightly higher priority than finishing their work that
night. Apparently, staring down the barrel of an automatic rifle makes
people thirsty.