POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Semantics? : Re: Semantics? Server Time
6 Oct 2024 04:08:26 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Semantics?
From: scott
Date: 22 Sep 2015 06:09:32
Message: <560128dc$1@news.povray.org>
> Interesting. Perhaps you have a newer version of Process Explorer? Or
> maybe there's some setting somewhere to configure this that I haven't
> noticed...

v16.05 here, can't see any relevant setting.

If I tell POV to render with 6 threads I only get 50% usage, but with 12
threads I get 100% usage.

However the elapsed times for the benchmark are:
6 threads  : 192s
12 threads : 136s

So 50% CPU is actually more like 70% CPU, but I guess it depends on the
exact algorithm (how nicely it can hyperthread).