POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Since the Invisible Orchid has not asked any questions for a while. : Re: Since the Invisible Orchid has not asked any questions forawhile. Server Time
6 Oct 2024 04:52:58 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Since the Invisible Orchid has not asked any questions forawhile.
From: Stephen
Date: 11 Sep 2015 18:03:13
Message: <55f34fa1$1@news.povray.org>
On 9/11/2015 9:23 PM, clipka wrote:
> Am 11.09.2015 um 22:06 schrieb Stephen:
>
>> Which reminded me of a story by Harry Harrison* called Toy shop.
>> http://www.gutenberg.org/ebooks/22966
>
> Now /that's/ what I call true genius...

It has stuck with me for about 50 years.
I don't know whether it was my age or if there were a lot more "make you
think" short stories. It was like a sub-sub-genre with points for
brevity. You have probably read Knock. The shortest SF story. If not:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Knock_%28short_story%29

--

Regards
     Stephen