POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Aversion : Re: Aversion Server Time
5 Jul 2024 06:32:25 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Aversion
From: clipka
Date: 11 Sep 2015 08:52:01
Message: <55f2ce71$1@news.povray.org>
Am 11.09.2015 um 14:21 schrieb Thomas de Groot:
> On 11-9-2015 13:54, clipka wrote:
>>>>

>>> He is dead (15-12-2011)...
>>
>> Didn't know that.
>>
>> Now that certainly reduces the need for aversion against him.
>>
> Indeed. However, one still can have doubts/misgivings about the kind of
> argumentation he - or others in his wake - followed.

I think it's not so much the kind of argumentation he followed (in the
sense of what points he made), but rather the vehemency with which he
put them forward, combined with his (as it would seem to me) refusal to
try to understand the other side.

I think the latter is what really constitutes fundamentalism.

I'd like to point out that understanding someone and agreeing with them
are two entirely different things. The latter isn't necessary for a
peaceful coexistence, but the former ultimately is.