POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Aversion : Aversion Server Time
5 Jul 2024 06:52:40 EDT (-0400)
  Aversion
From: clipka
Date: 11 Sep 2015 06:52:54
Message: <55f2b286$1@news.povray.org>
I'm certainly not pro religious fundamentalism these days, but I wonder:
Is it just me, or does anyone else, when they see and listen to
/Christopher Hitchens/, can't help but find him disgusting (both
optically and in attitude)?

From the way he talks, I'm no longer too surprised that fundamental
Christians think moral doesn't grow in the field of atheism, with
Hitchens openly calling them his "enemies" and such
(https://youtu.be/UOtQPHMYlNA). Now I'm not saying that he's an immoral
person, but he makes it easy to /imagine/ that, were it not for secular
laws, he might just walk out tomorrow with a shotgun and go out hunting
some fundamental Christians.

Doesn't do his cause no good, I think.

I guess when it comes to prominent figureheads claimed by contemporary
atheists, I'd pick Neil deGrasse Tyson any time:
https://youtu.be/Adg0I0nGczg?t=1h3m2s

Thinking about it, I think we should file Hitchens not under "A" as in
"atheist", but "F" as in "fundamentalist", along with the very rat pack
he's campaigning(*) against.

(*etymological pun intended)