POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Technical Support : Re: Technical Support Server Time
5 Jul 2024 07:28:42 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Technical Support
From: scott
Date: 10 Sep 2015 03:18:10
Message: <55f12eb2$1@news.povray.org>
> Well, obviously, the solution is to replace the hard drive, but then the laptop
> is a brick until I install an OS.  She's not savvy enough to use linux, more's
> the pity, and a new copy of windows costs an arm and a leg.  But hey, I should
> be able to call Fujitsu and have them send me a recovery disk (Why this isn't
> included with the laptop in the first place is absolutely incomprehensible).

I'd also vote for it likely being a software issue rather than hardware
- I'd at least run some sort of scandisk type program first (from a live
CD?) before buying a new drive.

And then just use any Windows installation media, you don't need to use
a Fujitsu specific recovery disk do you? It's probably pre-loaded with
all sorts of "free" junk you don't need.