POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Rift! : Re: Rift! Server Time
8 Jul 2024 07:51:25 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Rift!
From: scott
Date: 10 Sep 2015 02:59:56
Message: <55f12a6c$1@news.povray.org>
>> I don't use the keyboard whilst racing, I've got all the buttons on the
>> wheel mapped to do whatever I need during a race, and they're fine to
>> use by feel alone.
>
> That is good. I thought that in racing cars there would be levers to
> pull, fuel levels and suspension to balance etc.

Depends on the car. The sort of basic cars I drive don't have any in-car
settings for the driver to fiddle with. However you can adjust things
like how much fuel is put in and whether to replace tyres etc at the
next pit-stop.

FWIW this is the wheel I've got:

https://secure.img-shopto.net/ShopToMedia/images/media/boxart/PS4AC178/Large.png

There's enough flexibility there to scroll through the menus in-car,
although depending on the track you may only have a few seconds to
fiddle with that stuff each lap, so it might take 3 or 4 laps to finally
change something!