POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Rift! : Re: Rift! Server Time
5 Jul 2024 08:19:00 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Rift!
From: Stephen
Date: 9 Sep 2015 13:43:02
Message: <55f06fa6$1@news.povray.org>
On 9/9/2015 2:55 PM, scott wrote:
>> I am holding off until the consumer version is released. The resolution
>> being the main consideration.
>
> The consumer version is going to be 2160x1200, compared to the DK2 which
> is 1920x1080. I don't think there will be that much difference.
> Definitely try before you buy.

If that is possible then I certainly would.

> I guess it depends on the game you are playing, is it important if you
> miss some finer details? I found in iRacing that I couldn't read the
> text at all on the distance markers to the corners, kind of important if
> you rely on them to decide where to brake. And when the curb you are
> aiming for in the middle-distance is only 2 pixels wide it's difficult
> to be very precise with your line.

I can understand that might be a problem.

There were complaints in Elite that text was hard to read but by
changing the colour scheme it was much improved. Also using a reshader
like SweetFx helps.

> I don't use the keyboard whilst racing, I've got all the buttons on the
> wheel mapped to do whatever I need during a race, and they're fine to
> use by feel alone.

That is good. I thought that in racing cars there would be levers to
pull, fuel levels and suspension to balance etc.
In Elite I have almost all the keys bound to commands.

--

Regards
     Stephen