POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Rift! : Re: Rift! Server Time
5 Jul 2024 09:35:30 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Rift!
From: Stephen
Date: 9 Sep 2015 08:10:44
Message: <55f021c4@news.povray.org>
On 9/3/2015 2:39 PM, scott wrote:
> I got an Oculus Rift DK2 yesterday :-)

I am holding off until the consumer version is released. The resolution
being the main consideration. I bought a fifteen quid Google cardboard
just to try out VR. My Galaxy S2 has a 480 x 800 resolution and gave me
a screen door effect but it was usable in the demos I downloaded. And
gave me the confidence to want to use it for real.
I am really champing at the bit to use it with Elite.
Are you using any voice control to access your unseen keyboard?
I've set up Voice Attack even though I get the Scottish Lift effect. It
is workable. Enhanced by using a voice pack from Brian Blessed.

--

Regards
     Stephen

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'good, show the buggers what for.wav.dat' (298 KB)