POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Semantics? : Re: Semantics? Server Time
5 Jul 2024 06:36:22 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Semantics?
From: clipka
Date: 2 Sep 2015 10:22:12
Message: <55e70614$1@news.povray.org>
Am 02.09.2015 um 09:15 schrieb Thomas de Groot:

> The case of Ger's which triggered my thread is pretty obvious and
> acceptable in the context. However, the misuse nowadays in all kinds of
> situations seems to be growing and can be pretty annoying sometimes.

I think there are plenty of cases where values >100% are perfectly ok,
such as:

"This year, our budget has increased by 250% [compared to last year]."

"Let's see for how long we can push the engine to 120% [nominal] thrust."

"This amplifier has a gain of 420%."

"This telescope rod can extend to 550% [of its retracted length]."