POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : C/C++ Data Type Ambiguity Backwards : Re: C/C++ Data Type Ambiguity Backwards Server Time
5 Jul 2024 08:39:47 EDT (-0400)
  Re: C/C++ Data Type Ambiguity Backwards
From: clipka
Date: 23 Aug 2015 00:26:22
Message: <55d94b6e$1@news.povray.org>
Am 22.08.2015 um 20:36 schrieb Anthony D. Baye:
> That said: The fixed types with -exactly- 8, 16, 32 or 64 bits appear to be
> optional, so there's no guarantee they'll be defined...
>
> that would be aggravating.

... ah, you noticed that alredy.
Did you also note the part where it says that the signed variants are
only present if negatives use two's complement format?

One more thing that bugs me is that standards /still/ don't provide a
straightforward way to detect the byte ordering of the standard integer
data types (unless I missed some recent news).