POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Heightfield modification : Re: Heightfield modification Server Time
6 Oct 2024 06:18:32 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Heightfield modification
From: clipka
Date: 20 Aug 2015 07:20:59
Message: <55d5b81b$1@news.povray.org>
Am 20.08.2015 um 08:20 schrieb Stephen:
> On 8/20/2015 6:03 AM, clipka wrote:
>> There/used/  to be a special variant of the .gif format known as POT
>> files, back in the good old times when most file formats were limited to
>> 8 bit (total!) per pixel.
>>
>> To my knowledge, POV-Ray was never able to write this format itself (in
>> fact it seems that the only commonly known program that ever wrote this
>> type of format was the infamous FractInt), and I'm not even sure whether
>> POV-Ray can still read it.
>
> That is how I first heard of PovRay. From the FractInt (why infamous?)
> help doc.

Infamous because, while I hate to admit it, my English isn't perfect :-}

For some reason I was convinced that the word could be used with a
connotation of respect for outstanding achievements and bravado
bordering (or beyond) the illegal - possibly because the German
equivalent, "berüchtigt", can sometimes be used in this sense
(especially in the combination "berühmt-berüchtigt").

Strike that, and insert "badass" instead.