POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : I give up rendering, part 3 : Re: I give up rendering, part 3 Server Time
8 Jul 2024 09:42:12 EDT (-0400)
  Re: I give up rendering, part 3
From: clipka
Date: 10 Aug 2015 15:27:21
Message: <55c8fb19@news.povray.org>
Am 10.08.2015 um 21:06 schrieb Nekar Xenos:
> On Sun, 09 Aug 2015 20:36:52 +0200, clipka <ano### [at] anonymousorg> wrote:
>
>> Am 09.08.2015 um 07:39 schrieb jhu:
>>> Unreal Engine 4, interior demo
>>>
>>> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gGLU5MZpHoQ
>>
>> The city is too blurry and the raindrops just crappy;
>
> Maybe the windows are supposed to have a slight frosted texture
> resulting in the blurry view?
> ;'>

As we can clearly see the raindrops falling outside, and also the
building structure beyond the window panes, I think that can be ruled out.

My theory is that the blur is supposed to be due to the rain. However,
for that the blur is unrealistically strong and too simple; what we
/should/ see is a crisp image, with a more or less dim overlay of a
strongly blurred version of the image (with far-away objects increasing
in strength of both the blur and the overlay), to account for the fact
that many light rays don't hit any raindrops at all. Or, to put it in
other terms, the image should be blurred with a kernel that isn't plain
gaussian, but has an additional and quite strong central peak.