POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Constructive Solid Geometry: problem! : Re: Constructive Solid Geometry: problem! Server Time
29 Jul 2024 06:21:30 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Constructive Solid Geometry: problem!
From: clipka
Date: 9 Aug 2015 14:58:31
Message: <55c7a2d7$1@news.povray.org>
Am 09.08.2015 um 20:29 schrieb LanuHum:

>> - whether in this case the actual matrix should be exported, or its
>> inverse instead.
>
> matrix.inverse csg or components?
> I in matrixes understand nothing!!! :(

I'm refering to the matrix inverse here. In a nutshell, a matrix's
inverse is the matrix that, when applied, reverts the effect of applying
the matrix itself: If the original matrix applies a rotation, the
inverse applies the opposite rotation; if the original matrix applies a
scaling by the factor N in any direction, the inverse applies a scaling
by the factor 1/N in that same direction; if the original matrix applies
a translation by a vector V, the inverse applies a translation by -V;
and if a matrix applies any combination of the above in a particular
order, the inverse applies the respective inverse of the individual
operations in reverse order.

In raytracing, a transformation matrix's inverse is needed internally
for some computations, so maybe in some cases, what Blender considers
"the operation" might be what POV-Ray considers "the inverse of the
operation".