POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Computer woes : Re: Computer woes Server Time
6 Oct 2024 07:15:10 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Computer woes
From: Stephen
Date: 5 Aug 2015 13:17:39
Message: <55c24533$1@news.povray.org>
On 8/5/2015 5:46 PM, clipka wrote:

> Wait... you're talking about anti-virus software, right?
>
> That's not what Norton Commander was.
>
> NC was a file manager for good old DOS, which allowed scrollable
> side-by-side viewing of two directories, copying stuff between both
> sides, and doing other fancy stuff, while at the same time always giving
> you a command prompt; it also came with integrated text and hex editors
> (or at least that's how I remember it; the hex editor might have been a
> Volkov Commander extension).
>
> Total Commander still keeps up the tradition of Norton Commander clones.
>
> Norton Commander was part of a package called Norton Utilities, which
> also included tools for disk defragmenting, data rescue (Norton Disk
> Doctor), and some such.
>
> IIRC Norton Antivirus was a later invention.

Your right I was thinking about Norton Antivirus.

And what a coincidence. Yesterday I downloaded the evaluation version of
Total Commander.
As I said to another Cmdr. It reminds me of Windows 1.0
It also hangs when I try to look at my network. I don't have the time to
look at it just now. I am getting ready for a big appointment next week.

--

Regards
     Stephen