POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : OS as a Service : Re: OS as a Service Server Time
6 Oct 2024 15:24:31 EDT (-0400)
  Re: OS as a Service
From: Stephen
Date: 5 Aug 2015 05:05:39
Message: <55c1d1e3$1@news.povray.org>
On 8/5/2015 8:15 AM, Orchid Win7 v1 wrote:
> On 04/08/2015 09:13 PM, Stephen wrote:

>> Sack him.
>>
>> Your company really needs to change the way it operates. Don't rely on
>> salesmen to write the nitty gritty requirements. That has to be done by
>> collaboration with someone in the clients company and someone who knows
>> you product, intimately.
>
> Uh, can you actually sack the guy who founded the business?

It can be done if it is a public company but it is hard.

> I could rant on about his multiple failings, but at this point I'm
> starting to believe that *every* business sounds like an episode of
> Dilbert. Are there *any* commercial entities out there which actually
> operate sanely?

When it comes to IT, I doubt it.
Since starting working in SAP 20 years ago. I have worked at about 30
different companies. I no longer get depressed and just accept what is
company policy. No mater how much harder it makes the job.

The bar stewards have ground me down. :-(

--

Regards
     Stephen