POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : OS as a Service : Re: OS as a Service Server Time
6 Oct 2024 15:20:03 EDT (-0400)
  Re: OS as a Service
From: Orchid Win7 v1
Date: 5 Aug 2015 03:11:24
Message: <55c1b71c$1@news.povray.org>
On 04/08/2015 09:25 PM, Stephen wrote:
> And here is me thinking that you start with the clients requirements.

On the other hand... was it Ford?... Said something like "If I had
*asked* people what they wanted, they would have said 'faster horses'."

In my very limited experience, customers generally don't have the
vaguest clue what they want. (Other than "Everything. Yesterday.") They
most certainly have no idea what's easily achievable, and what will take
4 years of R&D. (Required XKCD quote: http://xkcd.com/1425/ )

This, of course, is why you're supposed to *discuss* stuff with the
customer, rather than just ask them to write it down...