POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Computer woes : Re: Computer woes Server Time
19 Jul 2024 20:32:09 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Computer woes
From: scott
Date: 4 Aug 2015 05:05:57
Message: <55c08075$1@news.povray.org>
> Tell me about it. The German keyboard layout shares exactly five(!)
> punctuation character locations with the US one, AND has two letter keys
> swapped.

The first time I got in front of a German kezboard it took me about five
minutes to find the @ symbol.

BUT the biggest problem for me is that German kezboards don't have a
Caps Lock, but actually a Shift Lock. So if you want to type something
that's all-caps with numbers (eg a product key, UK postcode or
something) you are either going to get a mess or a worn out shift key.