POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : OS as a Service : Re: OS as a Service Server Time
6 Oct 2024 15:23:14 EDT (-0400)
  Re: OS as a Service
From: Orchid Win7 v1
Date: 4 Aug 2015 03:19:49
Message: <55c06795$1@news.povray.org>
On 04/08/2015 06:53 AM, Stephen wrote:
> On 8/3/2015 10:48 PM, clipka wrote:
>> Don't say a word. You're a Haskell enthusiast, and therefore by
>> definition you don't have programmer's dreams - you have psychotic
>> hallucinations :-P
>>

> Don't beat about the bush, Clipka. Tell him what you really think. ;-)

Don't worry, I already got that from this guy:

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2012/12/21/financial_software_disasters/?page=2

"And one language I’ve been warned about, though I’ve never had the
opportunity to use it, is Haskell, an offshoot of ML. According to a
friend in academia who’s studied it, it’s “the Taliban version of ML,”
in which it’s all but impossible to write readable code."

Yes, because if you read the linked Stack Overflow question, you'll see
how this function is actually "x = 1 : map (*2)", followed by no less
than 15 steps of deliberate obfuscation.

In other words "I looked up the most unnecessarily complex piece of code
I could find in language XYZ, thereby proving that it's impossible to
write readable code in language XYZ".

Jesus, just because a language requires you to *use your brain* and
learn to *think differently* does not mean it is "impossible to write
readable code with it". >:-[