POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : OS as a Service : Re: OS as a Service Server Time
6 Oct 2024 13:17:35 EDT (-0400)
  Re: OS as a Service
From: clipka
Date: 3 Aug 2015 13:46:57
Message: <55bfa911$1@news.povray.org>
Am 03.08.2015 um 17:51 schrieb Jim Henderson:

>>> That's what leads to a lot of broken UIs.  No design before
>>> implementation - the design comes with the implementation, and it
>>> follows the implementation rather than having a UX plan before the
>>> implementation starts.
>>
>> This thread started about Microsoft, didn't it?
>>
>> You're certainly looking in the wrong direction there. Just look at
>> Office 2010, and the loads of UI analysis and research went into it. Or
>> Microsoft's primary programming language and environment, Visual Studio
>> and C#, which in my book is as close as anyone has ever gotten to a
>> programmer's dream.
>
> I'm talking about interaction design, not design done by developers.

And that's what I'm talking about as well, especially with regards to
Office 2010. (With VS and C# it's a bit blurry, as its users /are/
developers after all; still, the users are not the developers of the
piece of software we're discussing. So when I call it a programmer's
dream, in this sense it's a user's dream, not a developer's dream.)

Unless I'm utterly misunderstanding what you mean by "interaction design".