POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : OS as a Service : Re: OS as a Service Server Time
6 Oct 2024 08:27:10 EDT (-0400)
  Re: OS as a Service
From: clipka
Date: 3 Aug 2015 03:10:49
Message: <55bf13f9@news.povray.org>
Am 03.08.2015 um 02:50 schrieb Jim Henderson:
> On Sat, 01 Aug 2015 18:21:26 +0200, clipka wrote:
>
>> Support := help with operating the software in conditions not
>> anticipated during the design.
>
> In software these days, design tends to follow implementation - which is
> backwards.

No, actually that's where the software industry started. The truth is
that things have gotten a tad better since then.

(Except in the domain of Open Source Software, where development is
still driven by the developers rather than the users.)

> That's what leads to a lot of broken UIs.  No design before
> implementation - the design comes with the implementation, and it follows
> the implementation rather than having a UX plan before the implementation
> starts.

This thread started about Microsoft, didn't it?

You're certainly looking in the wrong direction there. Just look at
Office 2010, and the loads of UI analysis and research went into it. Or
Microsoft's primary programming language and environment, Visual Studio
and C#, which in my book is as close as anyone has ever gotten to a
programmer's dream.